There are plenty of winter activities in Stowe, Vermont!
Some of our neighbors feature winter activities for everyone....
Stowe Mountain Resort is only minutes away but features winter activities for everyone in the family:
- Downhill skiing or snowboard on Mount Mansfield, Vermont's largest peak! Here is a link to Stowe Mountain Resort's interactive trail map- click here!
- Nordic skiing at Stowe Mountain Resort's Nordic Center. View Stowe Mountain's Nordic Ski Map- click here!
Make sure to check out our Ski & Stay packages for the best value on your winter vacation.
Stowe Snowmobile Tours is another great winter activity that let's you enjoy the beautiful landscape of Vermont while having a little fun:
- Enjoy a 25-mile backcountry journey through some of Mount Mansfield's terrain. You can go at your own pace, or try out your skills on challenging hills, or woods. Weekend tours leave every hour from 8:00am until 6:00pm. Weekday tours leave at 9am. 11am, 1pm, 3pm, or 5pm. Check our their website: click here!
Only a few miles away Trapp Family Lodge offers winter activities with a beautiful view:
- Trapp Family Lodge features a 100-kilometer trail network for Nordic skiing. Nordic skiing is a great winter activity that the whole family can enjoy. Their professional instructors can teach children or adults the basics of cross-country skiing. Their trail system has everything from beginner trails to their new backcountry skiing program. Take a look at their cross-country ski map: click here!
- If you are looking for a winter activity that allows for you to sit back and relax then their horse drawn sleigh rides are the activity you are looking for. Sit back as two horses pull you through their 2400-acre property. The silent swish of the sleigh and the scenery make for a perfect winter activity.
The Mountain Road shuttle provides transportation from our resort to the mountain.
- To see where the Mountain Road shuttle stops click here!